Children in the age group of 2 to 3 years are always looking for new things to discover. A crucial age when it comes to a child’s development, this is the period where language, fine motor, gross motor, cognitive, emotional, and self-regulation skills can be nurtured.
Here are some of the major milestones that children between the age of 2 and 3 achieve:
- This is the age when toddlers will experience huge thinking as they learn about themselves and their likes and dislikes.
- They should be able to follow simple directions
- They will be able to sort objects on the basis of shape and colour
- Children in this age group will also try and imitate the actions of adults and their friends and express a wide range of emotions
As parents and educators, it is important for us to make the most of the early years of our children by providing them with the right environment and encouraging them to explore and learn from the experiences around them. All we need is the right set of tools, the patience to sit and have fun with our little ones and dedicate time free from all distraction. After all, nothing beats learning and having fun with our children, does it?
Here are some activities for kids in the ages of 2 and 3 that are fun and engaging:
- Stacking of larger building blocks
- Rolling, kicking and playing with colourful balls
- Creating shapes and playing with playdough
- Getting messy with finger painting
- Watering plants or planting a small plant
As parents of 2 year olds, many of us struggle to find ways to keep our little toddlers entertained through the day. While it is important to inculcate a routine into their life, we know it has not been an easy task, what with the closing of schools and countless COVID -19 restrictions.
We have the ideal solution for you, the perfect activity boxes for a 2 year old. Klaytopia from the house of KLAY Preschools and Daycare is a complete preschool experience that packs in 10+ years of preschool expertise, into a theme based learning box. Loaded with so much of fun stuff and activities to do, this box is by far the best activity box for toddlers in India.
Here’s why parents and children across the world love the Klaytopia box:
- Exciting new themes every month
- Each box comes with colourful activities for kids, that cater to specific learning milestones and skill sets.
- The Klaytopia activity box for pre-schoolers can be used independently as a learning tool or to supplement the learning your child is engaged in
- Includes 30 hours of constructive engagement per month in the form of concept- based age appropriate activities, puzzles and conversation tips
- Access to a digital gamified learning portal packed with video lessons and an exhaustive repository of worksheets
- Comprehensive trackers and assessment charts to track your child’s progress
- Fortnightly access to our curriculum experts, child psychologists & a family counsellor
- Certificate on completing 3 months in the Klaytopia program
- An opportunity to bond and unwind with your child over weekends
The box comes loaded with lots of activities. Here are some favourite activities that are a part of the klaytopia activity box for a 2 year old.
Mixi Mixi Colour Trixi
A super fun activity where children learn how to identify colours and have fun playing with them. The activity also involves the mixing of colours to form new ones and doing different things with the newly created colours! A great activity to work on independently, through this activity children can create new colours and have loads of fun as they get messy.
Skills in Focus: Creative expression and fine motor skills
Let’s Park In
Children love all forms of role-play and this fun activity is a great way to boost their creativity, imagination and language development. Loaded with some age-appropriate materials, the activity is ideal for letting your children have loads of fun as they boost their confidence and self-esteem!
Skills in Focus: Knowledge, understanding and math and logic
Whether you would like to use this box independently or as a part of the online learning system that augments your child’s learning experience, the Klaytopia activity box is just ideal for the learning needs of your little one. And the best part? Through the activities in the box you can constructively engage your little ones and have fun as you learn, play and unwind with them.
To more about this wonderful box of joy to log onto – https://klaytopia.com/